They made some progress and put together some very good resources, which we at the Crash Coalition: Drop the "A" Word, often refer to as we do our work in the US.
This PDF, "It’s a crash, not an accident Ending a language of neglect and denial", is an excellent summary of the arguments for making this important change.
- ‘Crash’ does not presume innocence or guilt
- ‘Crash’ does not excuse law breaking and risk taking
- ‘Crash’ does not contribute to the discrimination against victims
- ‘Crash’ does not aggravate the suffering of the bereave
- ‘Crash’ does not undermine prevention efforts